Hung Curd Sandwich


As promised I am here to share with you a recipe that uses hung curd. On a sunday the breakfast has to be different from other days. I don't mind making it a little elaborate. So, last sunday I made some hung curd sandwiches.

I am a super sandwich lover. Any kind of veg sandwich it is and I can't resist. So at least once a week we binge upon them. I keep innovating the methods of sandwich and today I shall share with you the hung curd sandwich recipe that I have followed since many years.



I had always loved mayonnaise but the calorie count that comes with it is alarming and so to cut down upon them I substituted it with hung curd. I love to add different coloured vegetables and make it beautifully colourful and healthy.


In my previous post I did share you the method of making hung curd at home. So, once you are ready with it then this sandwich can be made in a jiffy.

So let's get started.

Hung Curd Sandwich
Makes 4 Sandwiches

Ingredients:

1 cup             Hung Curd
1/4 cup          Finely chopped onions
1/4 cup          Finely chopped capsicum
1/4 cup          Finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup          Grated carrot
1 tbsp            Finely chopped fresh coriander
8 Slices of Sandwich bread

Seasoning:

Salt                To taste
1/8 tsp           Black pepper powder
1/4 tsp           Finely chopped green chillies
1/4 tsp            Dried oregano(optional)
Butter             To grill the sandwich

Method:

For filling:


  • Take a large bowl and mix the hung curd and all the chopped and grated vegetables.
  • Now add the seasoning(salt, pepper powder,green chillies and oregano)
  • Mix well to make the filling.
For Sandwich:
  • Take a bread slice and spread the filling generously onto it.
  • Cover this slice with another bread slice.
  • Heat a griller or a tawa(griddle).
  • Apply some butter onto it and place the stuffed bread on it. 
  • Let it grill till crisp and golden brown.
  • If you are using Tawa(griddle) then apply butter on the top side and flip the sandwich when golden on the bottom side. Grill it both sides.
  • Once done. Cut it into triangles or any other shape of your choice and serve it crisp, hot and fresh with tomato ketchup.

Me and my husband enjoyed these sandwiches with mug full of hot coffee. So give them a try soon and make your family go wow over the breakfast table.

See you soon with more recipes and do share your experience with me in the comment box below. Till then,

Stay Happy Stay Healthy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts