3 Dal Dosa

In my previous post of peanut chutney I had promised to share with you the recipe for Adai I made along with it. So keeping the promise I dedicate today's write-up to the Dosa I made.

I love the variety of dosas and this one is among them. It is made with a combination of rice and 3 varieties of dal.


I like to make it this way, though this is not the authentic recipe for Adai. So I have named it 3 Dal Dosa. Adai actually means a mix of rice and pulses. It is a little thick pancake made with coarsely ground fermented batter of rice and pulses. I have finely ground the batter so as to make nice, thin and crisp Dosas.

Normally the batter will have more quantity of  rice as compared to the pulses in it but unlike the regular dosa it will taste different due to use of 3 different Dals. Addition of some hing and other spices also adds to its taste. I always  make peanut chutney along with these crisp dosas. Everyone at home loves the combination. You may also serve it with coconut chutney. I have already shared the recipe for both the chutneys.



Quickly getting started with the recipe -

3 Dal Dosa

Makes 7-8 Dosas

Ingredients

1 cup minus 2 tbsp Rice(I used parboiled rice)
1 tbsp Urad dal(split)
2 tbsp Tuar dal
2 tbsp Chana Dal
Pinch of Hing
Few Curry leaves
3-4 Dry Red Chillies
1 tsp Jeera
1 tsp Saunf(fennel)
10-12 methidana(fenugreek seeds)
Salt to taste
Oil to cook

Method

  • In a bowl mix the rice and pulses and wash thoroughly.
  • Now add little more water than the quantity of rice and Pulses mixture. To this add the hing, curry leaves, red chillies, jeera, methidana and saunf.
  • Let it soak for 3-4 hours.
  • Once nicely soaked, grind it to fine paste and let it ferment in a warm place for 6-8 hours. When the weather is hot 5-6 hours is also enough.
  • Take the fermented batter and add salt to it. I added about 1/4th cup water to get nice pouring consistency for the batter.
  • On a tawa spread this dosa batter and cook it for about 2 minutes on medium-high flame. Spread oil while cooking. Cook till bottom side is golden in colour.
Tips: 
  • Each time before spreading the Dosa just sprinkle some water on the tawa and wipe it with a tissue. Reducing the temperature of tawa by this method helps in better results.
  • For more crispier dosas reduce the quantity of pulses and increases the quantity of rice.
Do share and subscribe my blog and pen down your experiences in the comment section below.

Till then

Stay Happy Stay Healthy!


Comments

Popular Posts